Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Make It A Life Worth Living

Dreams


I’ve been told so many times to not expect much.  Don’t get your hopes up.  Realize you probably won’t make it so why even bother?  What you can expect from life is disappointment and unfulfillment.

Pshh  What do I say to that?  I’m not going to let you predict my life.  How do you know?  Why must you be so negative?   I say, go for your dreams!!!  Though plan financially a little bit. :P  But if you set low expectations you’ll only reach your low expectations.

What happens when you don’t meet your expectations?  I must admit I have a problem with that.  I’m way too hypercritical of myself.  Maybe I really did meet the expectation, but I’m still positive I could’ve done better.  It’s so silly.  I know I’m not perfect, but I still beat myself up over some of the stupid stuff I do.  I am my worst critic.

Disappointment


I don’t get it when someone tells me not to get my hopes up.  No matter what, I’ll be disappointed; it’s just a matter of time.  Either I’ll get disappointed because the person thinks I’m already doomed to fail.  Or most likely.  Chances aren’t good.  They don’t have confidence in me and it kind of tends to rub off so that I’m not encouraged or excited anymore at all.  So I’m already disappointed before I even find out the results of whatever I was hoping for!  And what is wrong with disappointment!?  Yeah, I hate, but it just proves that I wanted something, that I had a goal, desire, plan for my life and if it didn’t happen, “Oh well.”  That’s life and I’ll just have to try and minimize the pity party, brush myself off, and look for another opportunity.    


Besides, I’d rather go for a dream than kick myself years later for not even trying.



I challenge anyone that reads this to follow your dreams no matter what anyone says.  Don’t let others kill your desires. You can do it!

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite post of yours! Very inspiring and motovating! I will keep everything in mind that you said! :)

    ReplyDelete